Tuesday, June 20, 2017

User Stories: Unidentified Entity - 7 Tips for a "good showcase"

Svilupparty, an Italian showcase about indie games, is been an enriching experience.
I received a lot of feedbacks from developers but also by simple gamers.

The idea of finally going face-to-face with other developers amazed me, especially as I was used to another kind of professional reality.
The first day I stopped to try some videogame of which I've heard about before, and I was amazed to meeet little teams of guys which started a project from scratch as I did.

Naemo by Hyperchild


By the way, an amazing thing was the big amount of people who offered to cooperate on my project, including Claudio Peli, which is actually the coder of Naemo.
The mood was really friendly and enjoyable, even though it was a bit small to hold so many people. However it's been a wonderful experience that I reccomend to all those who want to get closer to this reality. I'll be back next year with a more detailed version of Naemo.

For those who might be in the situation to expose a videogame, in my brief experience I would reccomend:
  1. First of all, keep it real, phisically. 
  2. Don't go away from your workstation no matter what. 
  3.  Be ready to repeat over and over the same speech for all the time of the event. 
  4. Needless to say, patience is everything. 
  5.  If you are smokers, well.. good luck. 
  6. Be prepared to the criticism, because they'll come. And it's good thing. 
  7.  Last but not least, always smile. :)
- Hyperchild (Unidentified Entity)

No comments:

Post a Comment